Sunday 22 December 2019

Day 4 week 2 Summer Learning Journey

Hey bloggers, i'm back with another interesting Summer Learning Journey post. I had to read through seven Whakatauki (proverbs or Metaphors) presented in a document. I had to choose one of the meanings for me. I had to create a poster that features the Whakatauki that features an image on the poster that represents
that Whakatauki that i chose. I kind of don't get it but heres what I 
Think what the text meant.
I chose the first text of the site that said Whakataukī are used in a range of contexts in Māori such as whaikōrero to support the speaker in making a point, a statement, aligning the present with the wisdom of tīpuna/ tūpuna. I think  
this picture represented the meanings of the text. Here are some photos and blog ya later with another Summer Learning Journey
                                             POST!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Callum, I enjoyed reading your wonderful blog post! I liked how you added good detail into your paragraphs! If I had to change anything I would change the text colours because some are hard to read. Enjoy your holiday's and blog ya later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a good holiday to Chimay and see you at intermediate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tēnā koe Callum,

    Well done on having a go at this activity. I agree, it is a trickier one but it’s fantastic that you’ve given it a go anyway!

    This activity asks you to choose one of the whakataukī in this document: https://tewhariki.tki.org.nz/assets/Uploads/Te-Whariki-Whakatauki.pdf

    So you could choose: “He purapura i ruia mai i Rangiātea e kore e ngaro. A seed sown in Rangiātea will never be lost,” or “He pai te tirohanga ki ngā mahara mō ngā rā pahemo engari ka puta te māramatanga i runga i te titiro whakamua. It’s fine to have recollections of the past, but wisdom comes from being able to prepare opportunities for the future”, for example. Once you’ve chosen a whakataukī, you can add any image that you think fits with it. I hope this makes more sense?

    Have another go at the activity and once you’ve done that I can award you the full points! You can either edit this activity or delete it and create an entirely new one.

    I look forward to seeing your edited post Callum!
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Callum.
    I very like your blog post.
    Hope you do more SLJ so I can read them every weekend.
    If you want to see my blog here it is.
    https://wpsizumim.blogspot.com/
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.