Friday 22 June 2018

tiritiri matangi

Hi bloggers, it is callum here. On Thursday we were going to tiritiri matangi. We had to come at 7.30 because we were leaving at 7.50. First we did the roll to see who was here and who was not then  called out which parent we were with. Then we went to the bus.There was bus 1 and bus 2 and then we left.Once we got out of the bus we walked across the road to the other side. Then we had to go on a ferry (A ferry is a big boat or ship that might have a shop or not).There were people on the ferry and there was a shop with pies/chocolate/hot chocolate/chips and more! We got to go outside once and go on top of the ferry there was a TV about tiritiri matanagi and the native birds and we did not arrive to tiritiri matangi. We arrived at golf harbour to pick up some people and take the people that were leaving to golf harbour here are some photos on the ferry





Then the boat started the engine to tiritiri matangi it was a long drive to get there and so I went up stairs again and it was scary when you look down it was like you were going to fall of the ferry then I went to the shop to by me a pie.it was a steak and mushroom pie it was hot but not that hot. Then I sat down on my chair there was a life jacket under it and there was rules.one was sitting down when the boat was moving and  another one was no running and pushing people.I was getting a quiet boring just sitting on a chair so I went to look out the window to look at the deep blue sea.and here is a question that I was thinking about the island how big is the island and it was 220 hectors long.I was thinking to myself that quit big.



Then we arrived at tiritiri matangi and I was very excited the captain or a person told the rules of not to do like clean shoes no food from 2 weeks ago and a zipped bag so a pest can not come inside and we had to put our bags in the cabin so the manager can take it to the light house that a our we are going to walk to.then we got out one by one to go out we had to stay on one side to get to the island then a lady came a stand on a rock in front of us she told or the rules of what not to do and what you can do.Than we had to be
with a guide our guide was pettle she told us which culture was here first and other stuff.than we started seeing birds the first on was a fantail than we saw a wood pigeon just sitting  on a tree branch with that big tummy.Pettle said this is a big hour walk so it was good exercise and than Pettle showed us some information about birds.she wheres a green t - shirt and she looks very old and very nice and kind and also very friendly too.We walked through the native forest and we saw more birds flying standing sitting and also eating.I was thinking we had to be at the light house but it was quit early and so we kept on walking.We saw trees and there name and Maori name and some information about it.



Finally we are out of the forest I said and know I can get fresh air.We saw a path way that leads to see islands near tiritiri matangi. It is a nice view said Pettle.we were almost at the light house so we can eat and have a little play.we arrived where we can sit and there was a bird tray full of water where the birds can drink play and swim in it.a tui came close by and had a drink inside the tray than it flew away.That was a hour walk I said and than we were at the light house but first the lady that was at the start that told all of the rules stand on a rock and told us what to do when your eating and not what to do when your eating.there was a shop for parents and teachers to go get a drink or a coffee or tea but it was not for kids.it sat down on a beanch and ate my lunch.I ate my lunch all and then we had to go to our group and our parent.After everyone finished all there lunch everyone had to sit on the floor.We had to do a scavenger hunt.it was on our board.There was a scavenger hunt paper challenge you had to answer all the questions that was on the paper.Here are some questions that was on the paper about the big light house.When was it build where was it build and how long it is.thoughs questions was to easy because there was a big sign telling information about the big old light house


Suddenly we finished all the questions on the piece of paper and then we all had to come and sit on the floor.We said thank to the guides and rangers and then it was question time.One of the questions was what is the main job to do at tiritiri matangi and they said the main job to do on the island is keeping the pests away from the birds and tuatara and something they can not do to one of the birds name the harrier hawk is to kill it because its native but is keeps eating native birds around the island and so they can not do anything about the harrier hawk.Then one of the guides or rangers gave out pests teddys to the kids but they had to bring it back to the ranger.
there was a brown stoat teddy and a white mice and a grey and also a weasel.we said by and thank you and we came outside  and left our bag in the cabin for it to go to the front of tiritiri and then started walking to the shortcut where you could see all the islands near tiritiri matangi and then we kept walking on the grass down to the path.I saw charlies chair near where we were walking.Then we went inside the forest again to see more birds but to see birds we had to be quiet and have good eye site to see.
Here are some photos of us




after that big old walk we arrived at a beach.we ran into the sand and there was rocks that was covered in sharp stinging oysters they looked scary and I got a cut from the oyster it was on my pinkie and so I got a platsta from a teacher .we stepped on big old rocks with oysters and jumped to the other big rock.We got to see the big blue deep sea fro m the beach even the parents too.we got to throw rocks to the deep sea IMMEDIATELY oh no the ferry is coming again it was time to go we had to say bye to the lovely  tiritiri matangi we went all the way to the front of tiritiri matangi where we just started.That was a long journey and a adventure.we said bye to the rangers and guides and also the island and the people and mostly the birds.We hoped there be no pests and dog and cats.and then we walked on one side to the left then we hoped on boar to the big humongous ferry. 




When we went on the ferry we walked to sit on a chair with our bags.The shop was still open like before and I went up stairs to the top a teacher was there so she can look for people that were going crazy.We had to sit down on the chairs and it was so windy.my friends yellow hat fell in the air but almost came of the ship into the deep and blue ocean.Glad I saved here yellow hat because it almost fell of to the deep blue ocean.My friend and I wanted to go down to by something.a dairy milk and we shared it together because we were friends and she had money and I had the other half that was mine.We got to have a dairy milk each that was equal and we also got to eat it.I went back to my seat and got






 Out twisties because I was so hungry too.I got it some chips out bit by bit.Yum yum yum that was so yummy.My hands were covered in chip crums and i sat next to my other friend named Rua.He is a best buddy and he makes me laugh and he also is a best friend that cheers me up when i need it and when i feel sad and sick.I started watching TV about more information about tiritiri matangi.All I new about the island that there were only native birds and tuataras and also just birds instead of other animals and also another thing I knew was that there is not that much people living on the island And also there is a shortcut that leads where you can see islands near tiritiri matangi.I learned so much things that I did not know.I feel very tired and bored.when the  ferry  started to stop we walked to the door but we had to be in our group and parent before we had to  exit.we said by to the big yellow ferry and I missed it,espacillay the shop but it was to late.When we got of the ferry we walked forwards and looked for the bus we had to turn left to this shop and we saw bus 1 and 2 Mr Riceman told us to go in one by one on the bus we walked in and we had to find a seat.




Once we found somewhere to seat I started to draw on the clip board.I was drawing native birds that we saw on tiritiri matangi and I saw  2 TVs on the bus.There was one at the back in one in the front of the bus.Suddenly the two TVS turned on a movie.The movie was moana. everyone  started to be quiet and shut the curtains in the bus.It was like you were at the movies and eating popcorn.One thing that I was thinking of is how many types of birds are living on the island and another one was w has the government gave you any money.and something that I learned that the harrier hawk is eaten other birds but they can not do anything about it because it is a native bird.We got halfway through the moana movie and the bus had stopped.We got out one by one and went to our parents.we said by to our teachers and the bus.I had so much fun.http://www.tiritirimatangi.org.nz/
                                                        tiritiri matangi
                                               

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.